Thursday, October 28, 2004

Letter from God #5

Dear Friends: This will be my last letter to you. As you will have noted, I have for some time been something of a reluctant deity. However, despite the rather excessively diagnostic interpretations of my behavior by my psychiatrist, I think I have rational reasons for choosing to step down from my lofty perch as Ruler of the Universe so that I may journey alone to regions unknown, come what may. In my stead, I have appointed someone you all know and whom some of you love. It may come as no surprise that my successor will be Mick Jagger. Believe me, this isn't going to be much of a step up for him, more of a lateral move, from being one kind of god to another. And he'll probably get less action, sad to say, because he'll be busier than ever. But I really couldn't think of anyone more experienced and well-qualified. He's used to being worshipped, and that's a big part of the job. So I will bid you adieu—it's been great, it really has, and I entrust you to the competent administration of Sir Mick, or as he will soon be known, the Almighty Lips. A good chap, he is. Good-bye then. I shall always remember you fondly, all of you.

No comments: