Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Letter from God #1

I need to clue in all you humans to an important thing I just found out. I did not create the Universe. Now, I know this will come as a shock to you. It did to me. I thought I created it; I told you I did, and you had no reason to disbelieve someone of my exalted status. Well, believe me now: I didn’t do it! How could I have been mistaken about such an elementary fact? It’s a little hard to explain, but at the time it seemed as if I were causing the creation to happen. I recently found out that this was an illusion. I didn't make anything, including you. I am being completely honest now in telling you I have no clue about why and how the Universe got here, and how you and I got here. So would you please quit trashing me for the perceived faults and injustices in the order of creation? I’m not responsible. Don’t hassle me about this anymore. Just grow up. I have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God in a panic? Just like us, huh? Unfathomability has no boundaries. We are all in this together, high or low, mortal or immortal, full of it or not! If God is growing up, maybe there is hope for the rest of us.