Sunday, November 07, 2004

Every time I see you

Every time I see you, I feel touched by divinity. In fact, what's the difference between you and God? There can be none. You are God.

But you are not omnipresent because much of the time we are not together. You are not omniscient because much of the time you are struggling to understand what is befalling you, and you are always dealing with the complex emotions that arise in you. You are not all loving nor do you always do good.

But none of that matters, because those are only qualities that have been ascribed to God. God Himself/Herself has other ideas. Godliness consists in whatever God does. So whatever you do next, that's your godliness. I honor that spirit in you. And I love the fact that I cannot predict or understand what it is.

No comments: