Thursday, December 02, 2004

Less is more

Less is more. We hear that. Just what does that mean? It seems to come out of the perception that when enough is too much, then less than enough is about right. Thus if I don't get enough to eat, that would be preferable, and if I don't have enough money to pay for the meal, so much the better. I hope the restaurant will be understanding if I'm a little short on cash tomorrow, knowing that actually my giving them less is better for them in so many ways. Because after all, they didn't give me enough. So I will still be hungry and they can continue to sell me less and less and make more and more.

Yes, let us be wary of getting enough and thus bringing progress to a standstill. We might even have to stop reincarnating to fulfill our desires, if they are all satisfied.

Less is more. Remember, it's not just good business. It's the right way to live.

No comments: